14th European Conference on Facial Expression
It is our great pleasure to invite you to attend the 14th European Conference on Facial Expression, which will take place in Lisboa-Almada, Portugal, July 16-18, 2012. The Conference will be hosted by the Facin Lab of the Instituto Piaget and organized in cooperation with the Institute of Cognitive Psychology of the University of Coimbra and the Institute of Psychology of the University of Innsbruck.
The Conference is intended to promote discussion over challenges and future directions in this field of research. Accordingly, the theme for this Conference is New Challenges for Research.
It is directed to scholars, researchers and more generally to the community of people interested in the study of facial expressions. Authors are invited to submit papers on topics including:
- • Functions and roles of facial expression;
- • Interpreting facial behaviour in context;
- • Facial expression in face-to-face interactions;
- • Facial behaviour in psychological disorders and psychotherapy;
- • Facial expression at group and cultural levels;
- • Integrative theoretical perspectives encompassing controversial data;
- • Well established and emerging fields of application (e.g. organizational and health contexts);
- • Methodological approaches.
Submission of additional topics are welcome, particularly studies pursuing an interdisciplinary approach, or more generally focusing on affective phenomena (affect and emotions)..
The Programme of the Conference will include invited talks, free talks, symposia and posters. Accepted papers and posters may be submitted for publication in the Conference Proceeding's Volume" (see instructions in the "submissions" page).
Early registration has been extended to June 15th.
Vasco da Gama, the Portuguese sailor who first discovered the sea route to India, is taken as the inspiration for this Conference. Each and every participant is thereby encouraged to partake in the finding of new and promising paths for research in facial expression.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Lisboa-Almada! See our video!
On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Cristina de Sousa
Armando Monica de Oliveira